Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cheap Dell Deal

I don't know how he got away with it to be honest, a brilliant coup.  Several major investment advisors including my own favorite  Nextinnings claim the shares were worth over $20, but Michael Dell managed to buy his company back for $13.65 a share. Now consider the fact that in a couple of weeks they would announce the 1st qtr results, which one has to think may well be very positive and the plot thickens. Did Michael Dell see that his shares would rise on results and decide now is the time to strike? There was also a billionaire investor buying shares hand over fist to establish a possible board position, an activist that might ask too many questions. Well the man struck and the deal is done. I wonder who, at the decision board meeting would have said "No this price is too low" to Michael Dell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me any comments. I look forward to replying.